Monday, August 1, 2011

BLT (sort of)

Last week, I was inspired to make BLTs for dinner (and by inspired, I mean bacon was on sale so I had to do something with it!) Instead of the typical BLT, I tweaked the recipe. The result was really delicious. I felt it was worth sharing.

BST- Bacon, Spinach, and Tomato Sandwich

Ciabatta (I prefer the ones from Nugget)
8 slices of bacon
Spinach
2 Tomatoes sliced
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic sliced
Sea Salt 
Pepper

Cook bacon to crispy perfection. Combine tomatoes, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a ziploc bag. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes. Slice ciabatta into 1 inch thick slices. Drizzle ciabatta with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil bread to desired toastiness. Layer your ciabatta slice with spinach, bacon, and tomatoes, then top with another ciabatta slice. 

Serve with kettle salt and pepper chips and you've got quite a meal. Enjoy!

1 comment: