Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mommy Likes...Denim Cutoff Shorts

This summer, I wanted a pair of denim shorts. I scoured so many stores and then I bought some that were way too tight. I walked around feeling very self-conscious. Don't you hate buying something that you don't like thinking, "I paid money to feel like this?"

Then the idea came to me- why don't I just make some shorts out of a pair of jeans that I don't usually wear? I didn't use a really scientific method. I just put a pair of shorts on top of my pants, made sure the inseams matched, then started cutting.

I was so pleased with the results that I started cutting into the boy's khaki pants and jeans. The boys have so many pants that are too short but still fit in the waist, so this was the perfect solution. At this point, someone needs to pry the scissors out of my hands or else we won't have any pants for  fall.

Now I have shorts and didn't have to break the bank. Seriously, who wants to buy something that they already have at home?


No comments:

Post a Comment