Monday, August 22, 2011

Mommy Likes...Buchon Bakery

Nestled in the Napa valley, Yountville, California is home to Buchon Bakery. Owned by renowned chef, Thomas Keller, Buchon offers the greatest little treats. When you arrive, don't be intimidated by the serpentine line out the door. This is the norm on the weekends, as Buchon is that popular. When you finally step foot inside, you are greeted with a warm smile and wonderful baked delights. 

It was my turn to order and I didn't want to miss a thing or mess up my order because it took so long to get inside. I felt like Jerry Seinfeld with the Soup Nazi, except these guys were friendly. Looking quickly, yet meticulously at all they offered, I opted for a couple of macarons and a vanilla latte. 

I was not disappointed. The macarons were sweet, pillowy perfection and the latte was unforgettable. If you live in Nor Cal, you must try it. I'll save a place for you in line.



3 comments:

  1. Do they have snickerdoodles? The Pacific Cookie Company in Santa Cruz usually has awesome ones..hard to beat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have anything and everything "French!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snickerdoodles :( I do agree with you on Pacific Cookie Company. They have an amazing chocolate chip with coconut cookie. mmmmmm....cookies.

    ReplyDelete