Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mommy Likes...Packing Lunches

School is right around the corner and with it comes the responsibility of packing lunches again. Is it just me or does it seem like kids never like the lunch that their parents pack them? As a kid, I don't remember getting terribly excited about my school lunches. I see the same look of delight when I tell Bryce that I made him yet another peanut butter and honey sandwich. Maybe my son will never be thrilled with everything I make, however, I know he will definitely be excited about how it's packaged. Below are my picks for elements of a great lunch:

laptoplunches.com offers these great bento boxes. They come in different color combinations and what kid doesn't love opening little containers to see the surprise that awaits them? 


I chose this bag because of the Hello Kitty lover within me. I found this bag on reuseit.com and I love the cutesy, Japanese look. What a pleasant looking sandwich! How often is that statement made?


It does not matter how old your kid is, they always like notes from you. Instead of scribbling a note on a napkin, give them a mini lunch note. Each card has a colorful animal on the front and space on the back for a hand-written note. Check it out at potterybarnkids.com



No comments:

Post a Comment