Friday, February 11, 2011

What Happens in Vegas Should Really Stay in Vegas

Two weeks ago, we took a road trip to Las Vegas. Our goal was to buy decor for this year's upcoming Singing Christmas tree. The trip was also designed to provide inspiration for this year's production. Unfortunately, this trip instead provided me a bad case of the STOMACH FLU.

On Monday night, my stomach started to churn. I was starting to double over as we were deciding on where certain elements were going in the design. When the clock struck midnight, that's when the real fun began. Throughout the entire night, I was running back and forth to the bathroom. Nausea and the runs are no laughing matter. I will say, I found the heated toilet seat to be most comforting when I laid my head on it. (overshare?)

I guess if I had to get sick, I would rather do it in a hotel room instead of at home with a 2 year old tugging on me. Within 24 hours, I was back to my old self and able to add another funny story to my growing list of odd occurences while in Las Vegas. Below are some pictures of happier moments I had pre-flu. 

Viva Las Vegas!


  




4 comments:

  1. Oh man, Kelly told me about that! So sorry you had to be sick on your trip! Love reading your blogs though, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I think it odd how ALL the woman on the trip ended up yacking but the two guys stood strong for the ladies and weren't affected (your welcome, ladies). Oddness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I learned about the unpleasant trips to the commode when you are sick is just keep your eyes closed when you have to throw up. It is less of a tragedy when you can't see what you are throwing up! Happened to me when I was dealing with acid reflux and I could not keep anything down for months.

    ReplyDelete