Monday, February 7, 2011

Sharing is Caring

This morning, I fed Gavin, my 2 year old, oatmeal for breakfast. Some oatmeal got on the table so I picked it up and was about to eat it. The oatmeal looked a little different so I took a closer look. After careful inspection, I realized that it was one of Gavin's boogers. Thank God I didn't eat that.

That moment reminded me of a time that I was having breakfast with Bryce who was 3 or 4 at the time. We were sharing a glass of orange juice. I was drinking out of a straw and then something chunky shot up straw and into my mouth. I spit it out immediately. It turns out that Bryce was chewing up sausage and spitting it into our community cup. Nothing like a little sweet and savory drink to get the appetite going. Needless to say, we didn't share drinks for a while.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Hey, Do you remember the story of Granddaddy... Chewing gum while changing a diaper in the dark. As he was talking, the gum fell out of his mouth and onto the changing table. When he put it back in his mouth, it only took a few chews to realize it wasn't gum that he was now chewing on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fowl! This is NOT a pleasant blog to read.

    ReplyDelete