Friday, February 4, 2011

Good Help Is So Hard To Find

Being a mom is hard work. We couldn't do a good job without some help. Below is a list of the top ten Mommy aids that I am thankful for:

1. Microwave- I love that we can put food in a magic box that heats it up for us. Let's face it, it's probably healthier to use a stove but who wants to clean a pot?
2. Goody bags- I like to keep a bag of toys to occupy my youngest son when we go out. We call it, "Hot Dog Bag". Packed with books, cars, and stickers, this has aided in avoiding many possibly explosive moments at restaurants.
3. The Boppy- That C-shaped breastfeeding pillow was so wonderful during the many hours I breastfed the boys. Sure, I could have probably used a regular pillow, but it's so much more fun to say, "Boppy".
4. Baths- I think my boys are part fish because they love the water. Sometimes when they get so riled up and I don't know what to do, I have them take a bath. They calm down and I have a chance to relax and all is good again.
5. Iphone- Technology is my friend. For long road trips, the boys are occupied with that talking cat app or a movie on the Ipod. Thank you Apple, you guys do the Lord's work.
6. Disposable diapers- Can you believe people used cloth diapers and then had to clean them in the toilet? Gross! Not to mention all of the time parents spent folding them some certain way. I am so thankful that I don't have to do that.
7. Electric double breast pumps- When I went back to work, my breast pump was one of my most prized possessions. They cost a fortune but are worth their weight in gold.
8. Crocs for babies- You know, those colorful gardening shoes that somehow all of the world thought were fashionable? They are fantastic for summertime. Crocs are easy to take on and off, which is perfect because I hate fiddling with kids' shoes. Unlike flip flops, your kids won't complain about the uncomfortable plastic strap between their toes.
9. Lysol cleansing wipes- I have cleaned many spills and messes with those. I cant imagine life without them.
10. Nap time- As if I really need to explain how great those are.

If you can think of another wonderful tool in the Mommy tool belt, chime in.


3 comments: