Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trick or Pumpkin Seed Treat!

I can't believe that Halloween is around the corner. Seriously, where has this year gone? We're planning to do some trick-or-treating then go to our church's Family Fun FairAs far as costumes are concerned, I'm debating on what I should dress as: a mom or a mom. Read my last Halloween blog entry, "Truly Scary Halloween Costumes" for my point of view on the lack of costume options for women.

More than costumes and candy, for me, Halloween is all about roasting pumpkin seeds. It's that special once a year treat that can't be beat. Below is my favorite recipe for pumpkin seed perfection:
  • 1 1/2c raw whole pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Cumin
  • Garlic powder
  • Seasoned salt
  • Pepper

  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees 
  • Toss seeds in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.

Happy Halloween! Btw, here's a sneak peak at the boys' costumes. I call them Captain Asia America.


No comments:

Post a Comment