Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Truly Scary Halloween Costumes

I have concluded that Halloween stores offer only two options for women's costumes:
1. Look like a horror movie character.
2. Look like a slut.

Is it just me or is it difficult to find a Halloween costume that is appropriate? As I've gotten older, it seems that a lot of girls have used Halloween as an opportunity to dress iffy. When did that start? I don't remember that phenomena when I was a teenager. Maybe I was too busy trick-or-treating to notice the change. Either way, it is alarming.

I like dressing up because it's a fun thing to do with the kids. However, when I started researching what was available, I found that my options were incredibly limited. I couldn't imagine walking around my church's harvest festival dressed as some slutty version of Snow White! Where's the happy medium? If anyone has a resource for tasteful, cute costumes, please chime in.

1 comment:

  1. Haha....SO true!!! I haven't dressed up in YEARS, but it is definitely sketchy these days...I saw some chick dressed as a bumble bee and it was kind of slutty! The skirt barely covered her bum! My guess is that you should make your own somehow....not that I could do that at this point, but it might be easier, and more fun!

    ReplyDelete