Monday, April 30, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is an interesting holiday. It's a major one because honoring mom is a big deal. However, I don't plan for it the same way I do for other holidays like Christmas, Valentines Day, and Easter. I always scramble at the last minute to get a gift and brunch plan together. This year, I'm going to be proactive and plan earlier for my Mom. She deserves it. Here's some ideas:
  • Mother Daughter Tea at Capital Christian Center- I've been going to this event for the past couple years and I love it. It's an opportunity to dress like a lady, eat yummy food, and enjoy listen to some great music. There is also an encouraging word given, so you always feel refreshed. Set your calendar for May 12th at 11am. Cost is $17.
  • Shutterfly.com- Who doesn't love a personalized gift? They will put a picture on anything from an iPhone case to a deck of cards to a blanket (yeah, a blanket). I've used Shutterfly.com several times and have zero complaints.
  • Brunch at the High-Hand Conservatory. Located in Loomis, Ca, this place is an absolute treasure. It is a plant nursery and restaurant combined, offering great dishes and beautiful views of the nursery. We had a phenomenal time taking my mom there for Mother's Day two years ago. Get a reservation quick; they go fast!
  • Memory Box- If your mom saves everything, give her a keepsake box for her photos and others cherished memories. You can spend an evening going through them with her.
  • Time. Sometimes it's not about the gift itself, it's more about the time spent together. As we kids get older and busier, giving mom an experience rather than stuff becomes more valuable. Maybe you can get pedicures together or be intentional about giving your mom your undivided attention and leave the phone in the car.
I hope these ideas inspire you to give Mom your best. If you're curious about the worst gifts for Mom, check out my blog entry, "Thanks for my Mother's Day gift...Now where's the gift receipt?"






No comments:

Post a Comment