Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthday Party Sweat Shop

Today is Bryce's 10th birthday. I am amazed at how fast time has flown. I'm the mother of a TWEEN!

As a result, it's been a birthday mad house around here. I have been making all of the decorations. Pom poms, pinwheels, banners- you name it, I'm creating it. Darn you, Pinterest, for all of your inspiration pictures and tutorials. It's creating a lot more work than just going to Party City and buying a Spiderman birthday in a box. (Would anyone like to play pin the tail on the Spiderman?)

And the baking. I don't think my oven will be turned off today. I'm trying my hand at cake pops...wish me luck. Plus, I have to make a snack for Bryce's class, too? Really? Once again, I blame Pinterest for all their cutesy, over the top ideas. I can't handle it.

Random question: why are birthday parties so stressful for moms? They're supposed to be fun, right? There's just so much to do in so little time. We work so hard to buy supplies, make stuff, set it up, and clean the house. Oh gosh, then the party.

All kidding aside, I am happy to create parties. All the effort pays off in the end. I'm super pleased with the results, so far, and I will post pictures soon. To give you an idea of what my week has looked like, I attached a picture of my work station a.k.a. birthday party sweat shop. Time to go, the timer for the cake is going off.

Have a great weekend and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYCE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment