Friday, September 2, 2011

Mini Makeover

We have lived in our house for 9 months and Gavin's room was still unfinished. Every night as I put him to bed, I would look around trying to figure out ways to make his room look more complete. Fortunately, I received a voucher from Benjamin Moore for two free pints of paint as a "welcome to the neighborhood" gift. I also received some planes from Ryan's grandparents that to needed to be hung up. After a $12 trip to Home Depot for paint supplies, I was ready to makeover Gavin's room on the cheap.

Here's a before picture. The room looks decent, but it is missing artwork and the bedspread does not stand out from the wall.

 Taping off the wall and rolling out the paint went really quickly.

 The big reveal was a bust. Most of my time was spent cleaning up the paint that bled through the tape. I'm still kicking myself for not springing for the more expensive painter's tape.

I'm loving the results. The bed now pops off the red wall and the additional wall art fill up the space perfectly. For a grand total of $12, this mini revamp was well worth it!


2 comments: