Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Warm and Strange, People, Warm and Strange...

I know I should have planned ahead for this better, but I am now potty training Gavin. His cousin, who is 2 months older, wears big boy undies and Gavin wants to join the club. Up until this point, he has been resistant to all things potty. Now that he is showing interest, I'm going to strike while the iron is hot. Here's a breakdown:

Day 1- With two accidents under his belt, Gavin was feeling really good about the big boy pants. He loved the adulation he received. When he would try to use the potty and nothing came out, he would say, "It's not working." (as if his private parts were a machine, I guess).

Day 2- No accidents yet, however, I am also making him go potty every hour. I was in a rush, this morning, to get out the door. After he did his business, I quickly grabbed his seat to clean it. When I grabbed it, the seat felt warm and strange. I look down and there's poop smeared across the seat. Guess where my hand was? Not a wonderful way to start the morning. Best part, it happened again.

I know it's best to potty train when you're at home, but I'm going out of town with the boys. I hope this change of setting doesn't mess up our little bit of progress. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I had to go through this whole system of potty training as an adult. Because my brain injury messed up my central nervous system, that includes how my bladder signaled my brain. The medicine Vesicare helps my CNS appropriately control the impulses. Imagine having to see a urologist at the age of 22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just being real and honest with you cause that's who I am. In having to basically relearn all my manners again, one thing I wanted was for people to see me as real, not fake.

    ReplyDelete