Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lessons Learned in Europe

I just came back from a glorious 2 weeks in Europe. Ryan and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary while cruising the Medeterranean. The food, the people, and setting blended together creating an unforgettable experience.

This trip has inspired me to constantly try new things. It is far too easy to get stuck in a rut. For me, it's clip coupons, go to the grocery store, make dinner, clean up, and repeat. Now, I realize that it is important to experience new things in order to keep it fresh.

I know everyday cannot be a vacation. However, what if I created opportunities for new experiences in my everyday life? For example, try a new running trail, order something different off the menu, or gasp, make conversation with someone new. While on vacation, I morphed into a broken record. I kept telling Ryan, "It's amazing how there's an entire world that exists outside my little bubble. I need to experience more of it." By doing so, life continues to progress as an adventure, not a mindless cycle.

Now that I'm back home, I've gained a renewed perspective on what is around me. I appreciate my kids more. I am even more thankful for my home and family. Why did I have to go to Europe to realize this?

Below are a couple highlights from my trip that brought me to this wonderful epiphany. I have a lot more pics on my FB profile. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment