Monday, June 14, 2010

The Perfect Baby Name

A couple weeks ago, Ryan thought it would be fun to go to Borders and look at baby name books for ideas. Before I go on, I want to clarify that I am not pregnant. It was just for giggles. The names we found were more horrible than promising. Below is a list of the top ten worst baby names:

1. Dianca- Here is an example of taking a perfectly normal name like Diana and with one letter, screwing the whole thing up.
2. Kanessa- Vanessa, yes; Kanessa, no!
3. Erastus- This name is difficult to both say and hear.
4. Phosphorus- At what point did we start looking to the Periodic Table for baby names?
5. Clanidia- "Um hi, my name is Clanidia and this is my best friend, Gonnorhita."
6. Alfe- My my, how quickly we have forgotten about that 80's alien comedy.
7. Burr- That is not a name; it is a verbal response to coldness!
8. Foxania- Test your potential baby name by inserting it into the following sentences and see which is a better fit. 1. "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States ." 2. "And now on the main stage, Showgirls Strip Club is proud to present ."
9. Tender- Imagine your whole life introducing yourself as, "Hello, I'm Tender!"
10. Ishtar- Enough said.

If your name is on the list, my apologies. I did not mean to offend you. However, I would look into changing it if I were you.

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha Ha! Too funny! And just to clarify, this is Kelly posting, but it will probably show up as Ethan, since he's always signed in. I'm gonna save 5 minutes & leave it as is...

    ReplyDelete