Sunday, May 9, 2010

Basking in the Afterglow of Mother's Day

The other day, I jokingly mentioned that Mother’s Day should actually be Mother’s Weekend because one day is not long enough to celebrate everything that moms do. Little did I know, I was going to get what I wished for.

Friday night, I joined my mom and her friends for Mother/Daughter Dessert night at our church. The highlight of the night was when my mom and I wore matching necklaces. That will become a new tradition. It was a perfect kick start to my stellar weekend.

My brother surprised the ladies in our family, on Saturday, to one hour massages. The therapist utilized a lot of Thai techniques and by the end, I felt like Gumby. My mom described it as a, “gentle wrestling match”. There was one point when she was actually judo chopping the back of my head! It was different and wonderful.

On Sunday, I woke up to Bryce serving me blueberry pancakes in bed! Ryan had no idea that he was doing this; he just made his own plan to surprise me. Then Bryce took me outside for one of the most creative expressions of love that I have ever received. Ryan and Bryce wrote on our walkway and driveway wonderful little notes to me in sidewalk chalk. I was so overwhelmed with love. Later, we drove to Walnut Creek for an early dinner at my favorite restaurant, Tomatina (their garlic rolls and blood orange Italian sodas are the work of the Lord). On our way home, we made a pit stop for ice cream at Fenton’s in Vacaville. The evening ended with all four of us in our bed watching home videos on my Iphone. We laughed, we hugged, and I felt cherished and loved..

It’s good to be a mom.




2 comments:

  1. So special. Love the Pancakes! What a work of ARTLOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite favorite favorite is the chalk drawings on the driveway. Preciousness.

    ReplyDelete