Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Guess It Could Be Worse...

The age of 30 is knocking at my door and I greet it with mixed emotions. Goodbye youthful 20’s; hello responsible 30’s. In order to make myself feel better, I have created a list of 30 things that are WORSE than turning 30:
  1. Kevin Costner movies (He can’t act. End of story.)
  2. Nascar
  3. Coming home from a week long vacation to an ant infested house (this one is based on personal experience)
  4. Listening to people who still quote lines from “Austin Powers”
  5. Carmen music videos (Who's in the house? JC)
  6. Trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics
  7. Leftover Taco Bell
  8. Trying to understand the plot to the second Matrix movie
  9. Fake flowers in front yards
  10. Everyone in the house having the stomach flu at the same time
  11. Anything with raisins
  12. The idea of a “Saved by the Bell” reunion movie (just leave it alone)
  13. Someone asking if you’re pregnant when you’re not (that happened to me, too.)
  14. Strangers who try to make conversation in an elevator
  15. Rat tails
  16. Washing my car then it rains the next day
  17. Bolo ties
  18. Geico commercials featuring the caveman
  19. Traffic jams for no reason
  20. Farmville on facebook (why is that popular?)
  21. Wearing painful shoes at Disneyland.
  22. Trying a new recipe where you have to buy a bunch of new grocery items and it sucks
  23. Being asked by your child, “What is sex?” (again, that happened to me)
  24. Close-talkers
  25. “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams
  26. Uggs (Yeah, I said it.)
  27. Pink eye
  28. Folding laundry and finding socks with no pair
  29. Jay Leno hosting “The Tonight Show” again. (I’m with Coco)
  30. Overuse of the word “epic”

4 comments:

  1. I would add cold french fries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, love the list, especially #30! Happy birthday!
    ps-I love the blog banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with Nascar? Kidding. I agree entirely with your clever little list. You are hilarious.

    P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #17 Bolo Ties I DO NOT OWN one these days. But back in 1994 when we had Sadie Hawkin's at the Massie's farm, Rick Denton and I went together to the event and we wore matching faded out jeans with BOLO TIES! It was a left-over thing from the 80s. I just hope that the fashion makes a comeback one day!

    ReplyDelete