Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pack It Up!

It's a new year so that means a new look for my blog. I hope you like it as much as I do. Okay, down to business. 

How long is too long to keep your Christmas decorations up? Some take them down the day after Christmas or New Years. I love Christmas lights and wish I could look at them all year round (my HOA says otherwise). Growing up, my family was forced to take down the tree around my birthday when I had a party at my house. Did I mention that my birthday is February 29th? Yeah, we were that family.

I loathe the idea of bringing all those dusty containers back in the house and trying to re-package everything to fit back in the boxes. Doesn't it feel sad to look around the house after everything has been put away? The house feels so cold and sterile. That, my friend, is the absence of Christmas cheer. 

Maybe I should load the house with red Valentines hearts and white doilies to fill the Christmas void. When in doubt, just move on to the next major holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Love it...my parents are the same way...they've been known to keep Christmas up till March...haha...My OCD husband gets it all put away before New Years...it is empty...but it feels clean...LOVE the new look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think by the end of January, would be a good time to take down decorations. Actually, Martin Luther King holiday weekend would be a good set time to take them down. We have a second story balcony and my mom has a nice American flag that she displays on the balcony. We got a notice from HOA asking us to take it down, for it was after July 4. What the? We just were celebrating being an American. We had to take down our flag?

    ReplyDelete