Monday, December 26, 2011

A Lesson Learned

There's a lesson that I'm still trying to learn when it comes to little kids: they do not need a lot of expensive toys for Christmas. How many of us have emptied out Toys R Us thinking that the kids will love all that stuff? Then when all of the presents are opened, they just want to play in the empty boxes, not with the toys! This morning, Gavin raided my drawers and played with some shampoo bottles that I got from a hotel. After all the toys he received yesterday, he wanted to play with those? I'm confused.


Christmas in the Bunbury home was nothing short of fantastic. My favorite part was watching the kids' excitement as the day progressed. It's true: Christmas is way more fun with kids! I hope you had an exceptional holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, my girls spent a good portion of the day wearing a box on their heads and squealing, "Robot!". They'd probably be more excited about their bikes if it would quit raining though. :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete