Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Basketball season at my son's school is here! Bryce is playing and doing quite well. He made the first basket of the season for his team and I see marked improvement in him with each game.

I am not sure how it happens, but at each game, I morph into, "Annoying Sports Mom". I continually yell things like, "Go Bryce!", "Get under the basket!", and my personal favorite, "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Look, I know we are at a game, not the library. Cheering is definitely allowed. However, I scream (and I mean scream).

I am positive that I irritate all of the parents around me. I know they sit there thinking, "Geez, why was my son placed on her son's team? Is the season over yet?"

My suspicions were confirmed when my father-in-law mentioned that every video clip he had of Bryce playing featured me screaming, at the top of my lungs. Great. When I held Bryce as a baby, I constantly wondered, "Hmmm..how can I both annoy others and embarass my son? Ah yes, be an overzealous fan at my son's future sports activities. It's almost too easy."

Of course I don't want to be this way, but I can't help it. If you have a scenario that turns you into, "Annoying Mom", please share. I'm hoping that I am not the only one who suffers from this.

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny! The only thing I can think of at this moment (and it's only cause my brain is mush) is that when people call on the phone, specifically my hubby or certain friends...it's always interrupted by me saying, "Munchie, NO..or screaming "I AM ON THE PHONE!" It never fails that when I get on the phone, my kids come out of the woodworks with every request or issue they can think of and i"m usually quite loud about telling them to stop interrupting! So there...I hope that helps!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I loved it! You ARE funny - not the first time noticing this of course :-) I am glad you are writing...it might turn into published tribute to motherhood.

    ReplyDelete