Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Darn New Year's Resolutions

As a New Year's resolution, I made it a goal to reduce our grocery bill 30%. It's tough, but doable if I shop at Food Source. Last week was my first real shopping trip there and it was eventful. They are owned by Bel Air, so I justified it by thinking it was the same product just at a lower price.

I was doing great picking up every item, at a fraction of the cost, until I had to purchase them. I had to load all of the groceries on the belt myself then bag it. It sounds like an easy task, right? I clumsily tossed all my items on the belt and dropped so much stuff on the ground. I could tell that the checker thought that I was an idiot.

Then it was time to bag it all. I was trying to go really fast so that the person after me wasn't waiting to bag their items. I overloaded those plastic bags, crushed eggs, and smashed bread in order to get the job done. As the eyes of the checker burned a whole right through me, urging me to hurry up, I broke into a nervous sweat. Finally, the bags were packed and I left there feeling stressed.

How am I going to make this happen on a weekly basis?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You've probably not shopped at Winco then, right? Same thing...Trust me, you'll get the hang of it! But I usually just ended up bringing Jer with me cause we would tag team and I would load, while he bagged. One time though I had ALL 3 girls with me and Kadyn was a little baby....Kalei fell and hurt herself and was screaming, Kadyn was screaming all as I was pulling into the checkstand. Thankfully the checker girl was an angel and actually turned her light off to close her stand and helped me load it all and bag it! But yeah it is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! You will find after paying a lot less, that it will be near impossible to go back to paying more, no matter what you have to go through! You can do it! Happy Shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has experienced this. :)

    ReplyDelete