Saturday, July 10, 2010

Get Right Out of Town

As a stay at home mom, I enjoy any and every opportunity to get out of the house.  I took a mini day trip to Sutter Creek and had a delightful experience. Only 35 minutes from Folsom, this is the ideal place if you want to leave town without traveling too far away. This historic Gold Rush era town is loaded with great little shops, sights, and small town charm.  There are a couple places that stood out to me:

Tomorrow's Heirlooms- 49 Main Street Sutter Creek, Ca 95685
This adorable boutique carries clothing for women and babies and home accessories. I was enthralled with the attention to detail in display and girly vintage vibe. My favorite items were the Charlotte cardigans, colorful aprons, and vintage glittery signs. I had to tear myself away or else I could've stayed in there for hours.  Trust me, this store is worth driving out of town for.



Andrae's Bakery- 14141 Historic Highway 49 Amador City, Ca 95601
Located in Amador City, Ca (the next town over from Sutter Creek), this place further enforces that you cannot judge a book by its cover. On the outside, it looks like a country house. However, step inside and it's like walking into a mini David Berkeley's. The pastries are amazing; I recommend the pistachio chocolate chewies and vanilla short bread. They offer various olive oils, high end chocolates, and an impressive array of different sea salts (pink, grey, Hawaiian, take your pick).


Don't hesitate to take a quick and scenic drive out to Amador City and Sutter Creek.  You won't be dissapointed.




2 comments:

  1. We LOVE Sutter Creek. Back in the mid/late 90's when we were having our kids we often escaped to this great town and stayed in the Fox's Bed & Breakfast. We just spent some time there a few months back. One of those last minute diversions. Very special times. Andrae's Bakery...hmmm...not remembering that in Amador City. Is this new? And your favorite tea shop spot. Has that been closed down? Thanks for posting the pictures...especially seeing Ryan in his hat.
    GOOD TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Sutter Creek too! We don't go nearly as often now having 3, but Jer and I used to go antiquing and have our little "escape" In fact, I was a week before my due date when I was DYING to go somewhere not TOO far out of town in case baby came, but walked ALL over trying to induce labor and had a great time! We'll have to stay there and try the place Rob talked about, we've heard good things about it! There is a cute coffee shop called the Sutter Creek Roasting company which is a great place to end the day! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete