Saturday, April 9, 2011

Scarface!

The cost of beauty is very high.

On Tuesday, I curled my hair because I wanted to try something different. I used a three rod iron so that my hair would look wavy, not curly. While working on my hair, one of the rods touched my cheek and burned it! Ouch. After applying burn cream, I ran some errands. While I was out, I caught a glimpse of myself and saw that I had a purple bar on my cheek!

The doctor said that it was a minor 2nd degree burn and that it needs to be covered with a band aid for 2 weeks. That is a long time of people looking at me then watching their eyes move to my band aid. I do not look forward to telling and re-telling the embarrasing story of how I seared my own face like a piece of ahi tuna!

Initially, I wanted to wear flesh colored band aids with hopes that it would blend in with my face. Unfortunately, it's not working. I figured if I have to wear a band aid, I should have fun with it. As a result, I picked out some Hello Kitty and cool graphic print band aids.

Below are some great band aids, should you ever have to wear one for two weeks:





Bling- Amazon
Bacon- Amazon
Comic strip- Perpetual Kid
Cupcake- Perpetual Kid

2 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you how much I enjoy reading your blogs?? You are so funny! Sorry you got burned though...must try out the cupcake ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some mustache band aids if you would like...=)

    ReplyDelete